Telma Grant, P.T.
Telma Grant, P.T. has been a practicing physiotherapist in Bowmanville for over 25 years. She offers physiotherapy, custom orthotics, custom braces.
My passion is helping my patients achieve their goals. I am learning daily about bio-mechanics, trigger points, postural imbalances, gait analysis. I am excited to practice every day. I practice what I preach and am fitter now than when i started 25 years ago. My horses, Shiraz and Phini are my personal trainers. I love to treat athletes, especially fellow riders.
- If your passion is to keep active,… come see me. When your passion is to perform with confidence in your sport, come see me.
- Deep breathing and lengthening exercises like yoga improve your posture and your ability to handle stress.
- Active is better than passive. Exercise is the one treatment that has proven itself over time for everyone.
If I can teach you how to help yourself, it is much better than making you dependent on treatment.
Posture is key. Hunching over that keyboard for hours will translate to pain. Your neck, back, wrists, elbows will start to scream at you. Any activity that you do without a break will also strain your muscles.I will teach you how to practice good posture, and take stretch breaks, to prevent pain.
- Be kind to your body and do something you love everyday!
Shiju Antony, P.T.
Antony has 15 years’ hands on experience as a physiotherapist focusing on orthopedics, neuro rehabilitation and geriatrics. He received his bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy (2002) and post graduate diploma in geriatric care from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science in India. He has been working as a physiotherapist in Ontario since 2016.
Antony is dedicated to his continuing education and has taken numerous upgrading courses including:
- Health care Management, Ryerson University
- Neuro Rehabilitation from Brock University
- Manual therapy for fascia
- Diabetic foot care
- Palliative care
- Dementia management
- Performs KinesioTaping
- Fascial Stretch Therapy
Active patient participation and education are key to a successful treatment plan and full functional recovery. Antony works with his patients to meet their goals and get them back in action.
With his broad experience, Antony is always happy to take the time to share his extensive knowledge with his patients. He is our resident linguist, as well, speaking English, Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil, Kannada, Urdu and Malayalam.
Antony’s enthusiasm is infectious and he enjoys cricket, soccer and loves cycling.